As of 11 January, 2018 Symphony GOLD became the Retail Solutions Division of Symphony RetailAI.
ATLANTA – December 5, 2017 – The report states that “as retailers increase their use of store inventory for fulfilling online orders, they need to consider investing in in-store logistics applications to manage fulfillment at scale.”
Gartner Key Findings:
- “Many retailers are already leveraging existing legacy systems to use store inventory for the fulfillment of online orders. However, most will encounter order volume constraints in the future unless they invest in in-store logistics systems to optimize the efficiency of in-store processes.
- Many retailers are designing varied fulfillment models by introducing hybrid stores that act as distributing points to support ship-from-store delivery capabilities.
- Store fulfillment is a complex operational area, incorporating product receipt, picking, packing, dispatch and a number of related areas such as task management, inventory management, point of sale (POS) and workforce management.”
“We are proud to be acknowledged by Gartner as a Representative Vendor. We feel that the recognition provides validation that our solutions address this critical area of retail,” said Patty McDonald, Global Solution Marketing Director, Symphony GOLD. “Faster fulfillment of orders is a major necessity in today’s customer-driven market where accurate delivery expectations are putting progressively more pressure on businesses.”
Symphony GOLD’s supply chain solutions help retailers build customer trust by ensuring product availability. With real-time visibility, our unified solutions transform the supply chain into an interactive operation. One that helps retailers manage and optimize every aspect from creating accurate forecasts, collaborating and ordering from vendors, tracking the flow of inventory and responding to customer demand – all while maximizing the entire supply chain performance at a lower total cost-to-serve.
- Source: Gartner “Market Guide for In-Store Logistics Systems”, Tom Enright, Thomas O’Connor, 20 November 2017 (must be a Gartner customer to access)
- Supply Chain solutions
- Order Fulfillment solution
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.