To continue our series on getting to know SymphonyAI, I wanted to turn the spotlight on a few of the key executives who are leading our company through rapid growth. We are led by senior professionals who know the retail industry and technology world inside out, having dedicated most of their careers to helping retailers and CPG manufacturers transform their businesses.
This week we’ll start with Dr. Pallab Chatterjee, SymphonyAI’s Chairman and CEO, who has been one of the driving forces behind our momentum and is fostering our culture of innovation that has helped us become what we are today.
Inventing the future
- Was one of just 2,000 accepted to the Indian Institute of Technology (out of 250,00 applicants); upon graduation, he was given awards for top academic performance and extracurricular involvement.
- Earned his PhD at University of Illinois.
- Began his career in RandD at Texas Instruments (TI), ultimately becoming Chief Technology Officer and overseeing 800 PhD researchers.
- Guided TI’s SAP deployment – becoming the first company to successfully go live with a single instance of SAP running in 56 countries.
- Joined i2 Technologies, a supply chain company with a big retail practice that marked a stepping stone for him toward the world of food and consumer goods.
- Became Chairman of Symphony GOLD and Symphony EYC in 2010 after leaving i2, a company he helped guide to acquisition.
Experience leads to retail innovation
Now as our Chairman and CEO, he is using his decades of experience to help lead SymphonyAI in bringing to market ground-breaking solutions that enable our customers to solve some of their biggest challenges across marketing, merchandising, category management, supply chain and retail operations. During his tenure we have developed some of the most innovative and strongest solutions in the industry, from AI-enabled personalized marketing and promotion planning, to virtual reality-enabled store remodeling, as well as our voice-enabled virtual assistant, CINDE (Conversational INsights and Decision Engine).
Our business has grown at twice the rate of the competition since January 2017, and with an exciting lineup of new solutions and new customers coming on board, we’re proud of what we can offer our customers to help them navigate their day-to-day challenges – and help them look to the future.
As a true retail and technology thought leader with an exhaustive track record of success, Dr. Pallab Chatterjee is not only preparing for the future of retail and the future of technology, he’s helping SymphonyAI build it.